Promoting high standards of professional development and working conditions for Christian Educators.
Welcome to the Christian Teachers of British Columbia Website. Feel free to check out information that explains the services that this organization makes available to members.
Jonathan Boone (Bulkley Valley, Smithers), Yvonne DeWith (John Knox, Burnaby), Kristie Spyksma, President (Abbotsford Christian), Karen Campbell (Richmond Christian), Sally Schooten, Treasurer (Vancouver Christian), Paul Turkin (Langley Christian), Tracey Deringer (Pacific Christian, Victoria). Absent: Shehnaz Cavey (Surrey)
Professional Development Opportunities for 2016-17:
CTABC-NWCSI InspirED Convention LINK
- The CTABC-NWCSI InspirED Convention will be held on October 6 & 7, 2016, at Lynden Christian School in Lynden, WA. Meet with over 1,200 Christian educators from schools in BC and Washington. Listen to Andy Crouch and be encouraged and inspired to become the kinds of educators and leaders who inspire and elicit cultural excellence from our students and our communities; participate in a highly iteractive exploration of the difference between consuming and creating culture, and learn about the role of disciplines in the creative and the spiritual life.
- InspirED Convention is a grassroots convention whereby educators share their passions and expertise with one another through workshops and hands on sessions. There will also be Featured Speaker sessions and documentary films to choose from.
- Convention registration has gone out to schools and is due back September 12.
Regional Professional Development
- Lower Mainland Regional professional development will be held on February 10, 2017 at Richmond Christian School for elementary educators, and at Abbotsford Christian School for secondary educators. Middle school educators are encouraged to attend either school based on the theme that suits them. Stay tuned for more details!
- Northern Schools Regional professional development will be held on April 28, 2017 at Bulkely Valley Christian School.
- Okanagan Schools Regional professional development is in the works and will be posted soon.
- Vancouver Island Regional professional development will be held on February 14, 2017 at Duncan Christian School.
On-going Professional Development for 2016/17:
- Regent has an exciting new On-line Bible Course available beginning January 2015. Check it out at this link.
- Trinity Western University is offering an Masters in Special Education. Check this link.