CTABC Board of Directors
Promoting high standards of professional development and working conditions for Christian Educators.
Welcome to the Christian Teachers of British Columbia Website. Feel free to check out information that explains the services that this organization makes available to members.
Left to Right: Tricia Stobbe, Executive Director, Jonathan Boone (Bulkley Valley, Smithers), Yvonne DeWith (John Knox, Burnaby), Kristie Spyksma, President (Abbotsford Christian), Karen Campbell (Richmond Christian), Sally Schooten, Treasurer (Vancouver Christian), Paul Turkin (Langley Christian), Tracey Deringer (Pacific Christian, Victoria). Absent: Shehnaz Cavey (Surrey)
Professional Development Opportunities for 2015-16:
CTABC-NWCSI InspirED Convention
- The CTABC-NWCSI InspirED Convention will be held on October 6 & 7, 2016, at Lynden Christian School in Lynden, WA. Meet with over 1,200 Christian educators from schools in BC and Washington. Listen to Andy Crouch and be encouraged and inspired to become the kinds of educators and leaders who inspire and elicit cultural excellence from our students and our communities; participate in a highly iteractive exploration of the difference between consuming and creating culture, and learn about the role of disciplines in the creative and the spiritual life.
- InspirED Convention is a grassroots convention whereby educators share their passions and expertise with one another through workshops and hands on sessions. There will also be Featured Speaker sessions and documentary films to choose from.
- Convention registration information will be coming soon!
Teacher Institute on Parliamentary Democracy
- The Teachers Institute on Parliamentary Democracy is an intensive, partially paid, four-day professional development opportunity for Kindergarten to Grade 12 teachers. The BC Teachers Institute is held in Victoria, BC from October 18 to 22nd. Participating teachers return to their schools with an enhanced understanding of parliamentary democracy and the political process in B.C. and Canada. For details and application, please see link (deadline is June 30th).
Dordt College MEd in Teacher Leadership and MEd in School Leadership
- Dordt Colledge is offering two unique MEd programs. The first part of these cohort programs require on campus participation in EDUC 501 with Dan Beerens from July 18 to 22, 2016, and further online courses from July 13 to Aug 8, 2016. Registration due date is May 31st. See link for more details.
On-going Professional Development for 2016:
- Regent has an exciting new On-line Bible Course available beginning January 2015. Check it out at this link.
- Trinity Western University is offering an Masters in Special Education. Check this link.